How to celebrate safe diwali, how to enjoy safe diwali iwali as you all know is one of the most awaited festival of the year and is favourite of many old and young hearts.Diwali is not about crackers, gifts, sweets, diyas but its about giving a message to the whole world that now its end of problems.And another best part about diwali is that you can celebrate it for almost a week.This year diwali is going to start on 1 November and ends on 5th November and the main diwali is on 3rd Novermber.
But if we look in the history there are many incidents which shock us for a while.So people should take precautions or we can say safety precaution while celebrating diwali.Here we will tell you about how to celebrate safe, and enjoyable diwali 2013.Keep each and every points in mind.
How To Celebrate/Play and Enjoy Safe Diwali 2013 – Safety Precautions :-
Do’s On Diwali 2013 :-
- Try to be Polite with everyone.As diwali is beyond puja and gifts but its a festival which signifies victory of truth over lie.So try to be humble and polite with everyone around you and wish them.
- Buy Crackers only from authorized manufacturers or dealers.
- Wear cotton outfits while bursting crackers.
- Pets get frightened on fireworks night, so keep all your pets indoor and close all the curtains to make things calmer.
- Always burn crackers in the supervision of audult.
- Check the area before igniting fireworks to ensure that all the inflammable and combustible material are removed.
- Instead of matchstick use a candle or an agarbathi to ignite fireworks.Because they burn without an open flame and provide a greater and safer distance between you and your hands and the fireworks.
- If possible, try to keep a fire extinguisher or bucket full of water nearby to extinguish and incipient fire.
- Use fireworks only outdoors.As some children have a habbit of burning crackers inside home only.
- If you have some eye problem than don’t forget to wear protective goggles while lighting fireworks to prevent eye injuries.
- Light firework at one time only.
- Do not hold firecrackers, bombs and flowerpots in hands.It is always safer to light them from the side without bending over them.
- Move away quickly as soon as the crackers catches fire.
- Flying fireworks like rockets, missiles etc should always be lighted in open grounds pointing straight up.
- ALso keep a first aid box or sand nearby to handle emergencies.
- Read the label on the cracker box and follow the instructions carefully.
Don’ts On Diwali 2013 :-
- Never give fireworks to small children and keep away from that area.
- Niver ignite fireworks while holding them.Put them down, then ignite them and walk away.
- Do not put fireworks in any container to ignite.
- Dont try to mix anything with the contents of fireworks or make fireworks at home.
- Never ignite aerial fireworks where overhead obstruction (trees, wires, factories etc.) may interfere with trajectory into open air space.
- Never ignite an aerial firework near an opening to a building.
- Never use fireworks inside a vehicle.
- Never re-light a firework which has not burnt properly. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Ensure that your children don’t engage in dangerous pranks such as throwing lighted crackers or sparklers at others, or try to make fireworks themselves.
- Never experiment with crackers and fireworks.
- When crackers take time or do not ignite immediately, do not try to burst them.
Here we have disscussed some of the important points regarding safety during diwali.Almost all the point are regarding crackers and fireworks because fireworks and crackers are the main reason for destruction during diwali and people dont give much attention towards safety precaution.Hope now you can celebrate a safe, enjoyable diwali 2013.Do share this article if you like it.